Monday 13 June 2011

Connell Cruise lets us in on his fave new albums!


Our multi-talented 'iShine All Starz' presenter Connell Cruise shares with us what albums he is listening to at the moment, and why they are impacting him so much...



I just love the passion and the vision of Proxy. After chatting to Vuyo on iShine I was so impressed by the heart behind the album, and the heart in the artists. That they just want to sing/speak about Jesus Christ- who He is and what He's done- so that everyone listening to their songs will know Him- His nature and His greatness. I can't honestly think of a better 'mission' for music, it's what I want to do with mine as well. Love it.



The Journey. It's Stuart Townsend. I don't think I need to say any more right? ;) When he comes out with an album (and this is his 8th or something isn't it?) I have to listen. Sure, the genre might not be the most revolutionary in the world, but his musicianship and the message it carries, I love to see where he's going spiritually (and it's so clear through his songs) because he's one of those guys who ends up paving the way for new generations of believers and how we handle our place in this world as Children of God.





I love the fact that the album is drawn from his life experiences, I think our life's testimony and the saving power of Jesus Christ as we know it from His Word are the most powerful and effective means we have to overcome oppression and evil (Rev 12:11). On top of that I can't get over the incredible people Aaron's got co-writing on his album!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...